Community features on Antkey include a multi-user blog and discussion forum. The discussion forum is allows users to request identification help, ask questions regarding site content, suggest improvements and corrections to current content, and propose the addition of new taxa and records. New forums can be added by users with 'editor' status, and any registered users can add new forum topics.
The blog feature is available to any user who wishes to communicate research, observations or ideas regarding introduced ants. Even a single blog entry is very valuable, and can be an effective way to communicate recent publications and ongoing research. To write a blog, follow these simple steps:
- Register for an Antkey.org account.
- Send a brief message to the site maintainers proposing how you wish to contribute. You will then be given 'editor' status.
- Once you receive editor status, login and click the 'Content' link on the administrative menu.
- Click the 'Add Blog entry' link.
- Compose your blog entry, preview and save. Additional help and tutorials are available on the Scratchpads Help Wiki.